Found amid the ruins of commentary on this post, Anonymous aims his clue-bat well and rings a bright golden bell of reality whose clarion is unmistakable as it soars over the din of dull noodlers noodling. Herewith:
No, it’s multicult fascism: Take from the producers to give to the centers of multicult wealth and political power. It’s worse than mere “socialism”.
Here’s how it “works”:
1) Confuse people about the distinction between “wealth” and “income”—probably the worst single political economic crime possible to commit in public discourse and one of which the wealthiest man in the US, Warren Buffett, is guilty.
2) Progressively tax income while claiming you are taxing the “wealthy”.
3) Respond to all of the pathologies you create in this confusion by a proliferation of public sector “fixes” that eventually result in the public sector overtaking economic activities by “virtue” of its taxation of all economic activities.
4) Allow the truly wealthy, whose property rights would disappear in an instant in the absence of government protections, to continue to accumulate net assets without limit and without paying the costs of protection of those property rights—shifting them onto the heavily taxed producers.
5) Continue to increase the overall taxation of producers until the goose that laid the golden egg, the middle class, is dead.
6) Decry the profligacy of the middle class as it ceases to have children hence family values, and goes into the abyss of usurious debt, the economy collapses due to a failure of consumer demand and the government centralizes even more power by handing over even more wealth to the creditors in exchange for equity stake.